Who better to know what we Boomers are worrying about regarding impending retirement than those in the financial sector? They crunch the numbers, and it’s the numbers that determine how well our retirement dreams will match reality. If you’re worrying about how your retirement will really shape up, you’re not alone. Here are the top ten concerns that are plaguing your fellow Boomers (and maybe you too?), according to U.S. News & World Report:
- Will your health remain good?
- Are you deluding yourself about your expected income and style of life?
- What will you do if you have to stop driving? How will you decide that question?
- Will you be able to stay in your current home?
- Will sudden and unexpected bills put you under financially?
- And speaking of going under financially, are you sure you have enough money to generate a livable income for the rest of your life?
- Will cutting costs make an appreciable difference in your retirement budget?
- Will you become socially isolated?
- Will you struggle with growing depression?
- Does your community have services in place to support your changing needs as you age?
For further discussion about the top ten worries that we all share to one degree or another, see this article in U.S. News & World Report. For another perspective on the top worries for those facing retirement, see “7 Real Retirement Worries To Focus On” in Bankrate.com.